Cornelia De Lange Baby

Cornelia De Lange Baby
Zane Owen-June 27, 2011.~1lb 15oz-13in

Sleeping Sweetly

Sleeping Sweetly

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Go Saints Go!

On Thursday I walked into the hospital wondering if I would be leaving Friday filled with grief over losing my son. As I walked in I ran into a girl that has become a common face that greets me in the evenings as I arrive at Duke. The girl asked how my son was doing and with a heavy heart I explained that they were not sure Zane would make it through the weekend, and would be taking out his tube the next morning. She had become a friend through our brief conversations each night and was upset that she would not know what happened Friday b/c she was not working. I explained that if she did not see me anymore she would know what happened.

Tonight I left the hospital for the first time since they took Zane's tube out, as arrived on the first floor the elevator doors slid open and my sweet friend was sitting at the desk! We both looked at each other with complete joy as I exclaimed to her with such relief "He is still alive!" 4 simple words that bring me an indescribable amount of happiness. As I drove the forty-five minutes home tears of joy streamed down my face! I am so completely humbled by the love of the Lord and His many children that have lifted my baby boy in prayer. The creator of the universe heard the cry of His children, reached out and touched my son, MY son! Thursday night I desperately reached out to a few friends asking them to join me in prayer and by Friday afternoon 30,000 people had agreed to pray over baby Zane! It is an awesome thing to be a part of this community of believers and to watch God at work. I do not know if Zane will still be alive tomorrow, I do know he has a long road ahead of him but tonight i am rejoicing! My baby went his first day today without having an episode of apnea, the day is not over yet but this is a large improvement on the previous days! It was also his first day since having the tube out that he did not spit up at all AND he required no pain meds! I feel as though I am going to collapse beneath the love of my father! Oh how you bless me DADDY!!!

Zane's nurse Marie and I have decided that Zane was reborn on Friday! Since his tube was taken out he has reminded us all of a newborn! All these weeks before he spent 95% of his time sleeping and was very unresponsive, now without the tube Zane has been looking at his mommy, lifting his head, and almost accidentally rolled himself off of mommy's chair! He is such an over achiever! It just touches me so much to see his little eyes open wide like they never have before! The feeling I cannot shake is that this weekend has made everything worth it. For the first time I feel that Zane is really enjoying his life and absorbing an overwhelming amount of love from so many people! He is busy being a baby which is just what he needs to be doing today! Thank you everyone so much for you continued prayers! I truly cannot say thank you enough! Each of you have played a part in saving my son's life by taking time to pray in faith to God to touch baby Zane. Go Saints Go!

2 comments:

  1. We are friends of Leah Perry and we are in prayer for Zane and your family. God is so good to those that are faithful. Your string and so is he. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, God knew what he was doing when he made you a mommie to this precious lil boy! He knew the faith that you would have and he also knew that you could handle anything he gave you due to your strength! I have to say again, as I have so many times, I am AMAZED at the FAITH you have! Prayers for you, Zane and your whole family! He's a fighter dear and so are you! God bless you! I love ya lady and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete